26 September 2006

We need an "Extreme Makeover: School Edition"

Overheard yesterday while talking about trying to get work orders fulfilled at my school:

"Yeah, it's like the Make-A-Wish Foundation."

Maybe you had to be there, or maybe you just have to work in our district, but I laughed so hard tears were leaking out of my eyes.

Maybe I'm just bitter about the broken desk I still have (why oh why did the Williams Act people skip my classroom when they came last week?) or the projector that STILL isn't ceiling-mounted after 4 years, leaving students to trip over the cord, or the three work orders I've put in since April to get the tagging outside my classroom door painted over... Yeah, probably that.

Our school is painted white, and I'm convinced that only idiots paint a school white. It's like saying, "yeah, here's a nice fresh canvas for you guys to draw/paint/tag on!" I might as well start passing out Sharpies and reward them with extra credit for creativity.

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Ha-- it took THREE YEARS to build a doorway for the hallway across from mine so that we could secure a printer which no longer works.

I love that comment about work orders. LOVE it! Mind if I steal it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home